Contra Costa Civic Theatre (CCCT), established in 1959 by Louis and Bettianne Flynn and a group of dedicated volunteers, and now under the artistic direction of Marilyn Langbehn, is a non-profit community theatre with an approximate annual budget of $500K, and its permanent home in El Cerrito, CA. Our mission is to provide affordable, high quality entertainment to residents throughout the East Bay and provide training in performing arts for children and adults. We are proud to be an independent, self-sufficient organization presenting five Main Stage and thirteen youth productions annually in our intimate two-hundred seat theatre.
The Production Manager is the primary liaison between the production team and the Artistic Director and administrative staff of CCCT, as well as the design team and the director; s/he is tasked with ensuring that CCCT’s productions reflect the Theatre’s mission.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position; flexible hours with some nights and weekends required.
CCCT’s Artistic Director
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Maintain updated production calendar and deadlines, including build calendars and tech schedules
- Coordinate and chair all production meetings
- Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process
- Schedule and supervise all work parties; work with Technical Director to create list of tasks and projects for each.
- Work with production team to ensure all shows come in at or under Board-approved budget; serve as advocate for production needs as necessary
- Analyze submitted scenic designs for financial and capacity feasibility; work with designer, director, and tech director to resolve any concerns
- Ensure timely submission of all production-related receipts; provide weekly budget updates to Artistic Director and Managing Director
- Contract and supervise all production staff in collaboration with Artistic Director, including: designers, electricians, carpenters, stage managers, spot operators, wardrobe personnel, running crew, and any additional personnel required for specific production needs.
- Maintain master calendar for use of the facility, including productions, rehearsal space, after-school education programs, Drama Camp, production meetings, and Board meetings.
- Work with staff and others sharing a space to ensure it is cleaned and restored at the event’s conclusion.
- Arrange for production-specific facility repairs and upgrades
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Production Manager or Stage Manager, with broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre, including ability to assess scripts for budgetary, staffing, and design needs
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills; sense of humor
- Detail-oriented; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience monitoring and adhering to budgets, and managing production calendars and schedules
- Working knowledge of cloud-based scheduling and tracking software, i.e., Google Docs and Basecamp
- Comfortable with mentoring volunteers
Send PDF of resume and cover letter to , with “CCCT production manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Deadline for application is May 30, 2017.
This post was written by CCCT