IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A LIVE RADIO PLAY
adapted by Joe Landry
Directed by David Bogdonoff
Original score and foley by Don Tieck
Featuring Kim Donovan, Merrill Grant, Keith Jefferds, Fred Pitts, and Kendall Tieck
December 27-30, video streaming on demand
Approximate running time: 90 minutes, plus 30 minutes pre-show
Tickets: $20 individual, $35 for date night (equivalent to 2 tickets), or $50 for family night (equivalent to 4 tickets).
We encourage you to consider purchasing a ticket for each member of your household who will be watching the production. Your support ensures that CCCT has the resources to fulfill our mission and keeps us financially secure while we wait to reopen.
Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be shared. If you wish to make a gift or purchase access for multiple households, you will need to make a separate purchase for each household and provide a different name and email address associated with that viewing household.
All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
HOW TO PURCHASE AND VIEW YOUR ON-DEMAND EVENT
STEP 1: Locate the production you want to purchase
- Click on the Buy Tickets button below to be taken directly to the event show page. It will look something like this:
STEP 2: Click “Play” or “Click to Pre-order” to purchase a stream.
STEP 3: Log in or Create an Account
- If you haven’t done so already, you will be prompted to either log in or create an account.
- If you already have a Broadway On Demand account, enter your email and password in the given fields.
- If you don’t already have a Broadway On Demand account, select “Click here to Sign Up” and enter an email and password.
STEP 4: Pay for Your Stream
- Once you’ve logged in or created your account, you will be automatically taken to the payment page.
- Here you can pay for the stream with a credit card or PayPal.
- Confirm your purchase to complete the transaction.
Congratulations! You’ve completed your purchase and now are ready for the show!
To watch the show
STEP 1: Navigate to the production show page
- Click on the Watch the show button below to be taken directly to the event show page. It will look something like this:
STEP 2: Log in to Your Account
- Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner of the Broadway on Demand website to access the Main Menu.
- Look for your email address underneath the icon of a person at the top of the menu. If your email address is there, you’re logged into the Broadway on Demand website and can go to step 3. If not, log in and then proceed to step 3.
STEP 3: Watch
- Click the “Play” button and the production will begin playing.
Enjoy the show!
This beloved American holiday classic comes to captivating life as a 1940s radio broadcast, bringing home the timeless message that “no man is a failure who has friends.” With the help of an ensemble that brings a few dozen characters to the stage, George Bailey’s Christmas Eve crisis of faith brings about the intervention of his guardian angel Clarence, who shows George all the lives he has touched, and how different life in his community of Bedford Falls would be if he had never been born.
WHAT THE CRITICS SAY
“WOW!! What a terrific show from start to finish!” – Charlie Jarrett, Rossmoor News
“Along with George Bailey, we may be sick or discouraged, right now. But, even without live performance, the show must go on. CCCT has come up with a fittingly old-fashioned way to satisfy our longings during this challenging holiday time.” – Theatrius
“continues to radiate its feel-good vibe…Although filmed in advance, the El Cerrito company’s production keeps all the fun aspects of the live show including the singing commercials…and the folio sound effects in which a variety of household objects and one very busy man supply all the noises needed.” – East Bay Times
This post was written by CCCT